Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives.
In this course, students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies. This course also teaches adult CPR and AED use.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid, CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR
- Optional written test
Course Cost and Details
- Course Format: Classroom-based (instructor and video, with skills conducted throughout)
- Class Length – 7 hours
- Class Cost / Recertification - $65
RECOMMENDED Course Materials
- Heartsaver First Aid / CPR - Heartsaver First Aid / CPR Student Workbook - #15-1018 $15.50
Course materials will be available for purchase through CPHM on the day of the class by cash or check. Credit cards are not accepted for manual purchases. If you wish to purchase the materials for this course prior to class, please visit Laerdal.