September BLS for Health Care Providers Skills Exam
Location: Clifton Park & Halfmoon Emergency Corps.
Dates: 09/20/2023 | 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Categories: AHA, BLS, SKILLS TEST
Description: This exam is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings and must have a credential (card) documenting successful completion of a CPR course. You must first complete the online portion of the course before attending this skills session. The link for the online part is https://shopcpr.heart.org/heartcode-bls. You may arrive ANYTIME between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm for your skills evaluation.
The BLS Skills Exam is an Instructor-led course that tests single-rescuer and team basic life support. This exam evaluates the participant's ability to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilation and provide early use of an AED.
You must first complete the online portion of the course before attending this skills session. The link for the online portion is https://shopcpr.heart.org/heartcode-bls
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings. Community rescuers are also welcome; you need not be a "Healthcare Provider"!
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association
- Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child, and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child, and infant
- Differences between adult, child, and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child, and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child, and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child, and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
Required Course Materials:
ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING PROOF OF COMPLETION OF THE ONLINE AHA VERSION OF HEARTCODE BLS ON THE DAY OF TESTING TO TAKE THE SKILLS EXAM. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN THE STUDENT FORFEITING THEIR RIGHT TO TAKE THE SKILLS EXAM.
Please view our cancellation policy here.here.
***Please click the link below to register and pay for the class***
Registration is not closed. Due to website difficulties, we are registering students at our backup link:https://www.trainingcentertechnologies.com/CliftonParkHalfmoon/CourseEnrollment.aspx