April BLS for Health Care Providers Skills Exam
Location: Clifton Park & Halfmoon Emergency Corps.
Dates: 04/17/2021 | 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Categories: AHA, HEARTSAVER, SKILLS TEST
Description: This exam is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings and must have a credential (card) documenting successful completion of a CPR course.
BLS Skills Exam is a Instructor-led course that tests both single-rescuer and team basic life support. This exam evaluates the participants ability to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compression's, deliver appropriate ventilation's and provide early use of an AED.
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings. Community rescuers are also welcome; you need not be a "Healthcare Provider"!
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association
- Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
Required Course Materials:
ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING PROOF OF COMPLETION OF THE ONLINE AHA VERSION OF HEARTCODE BLS THE DAY OF TESTING IN ORDER TO TAKE THE SKILLS EXAM. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN THE STUDENT FORFEITING THEIR RIGHT TO TAKE THE SKILLS EXAM.
View our cancellation policy here.
This exam is currently full and registration is closed. Please check back for future course offerings. If you have questions or concerns, please email our TC Coordinator or call 518-371-3880 ex. 119.